Lance and I recently hit a new marriage milestone by spending an entire Friday night at Ikea without arguing once. It isn’t a relationship myth! It really can happen! It was amazing; rarely have I been more proud of us. And alcohol wasn’t even involved — except that I bought something that ended up being used with alcohol. Roundabout inclusions don’t count.
While we were at IKEA, I was weirdly drawn to the DRYCK BLÅBÄR blueberry drink concentrate in the Swedish market. I think perhaps it was the color? For $5.99, I had to try it. (And truth be told, I didn’t want to look like I was only in that part of the store to buy a six-pack of cinnamon rolls that I had zero intention to share with my husband.)
On the drive home I realized I had no purpose for blueberry drink concentrate, or for the massive robot print we had bought at IKEA. After a little experimentation over the weekend, I finally found its true calling: to be mixed with alcohol. Say hello to the drink I’ll be sipping all summer.
Coco-Berry Fizz Cocktail
- 1 oz. pomegranate vodka
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1/2 oz. blueberry drink concentrate
- 6 oz. club soda
- Decorative sugar for garnish
- Mix 1 oz. pomegranate vodka, 1 oz. coconut rum, and 1/2 oz. blueberry drink concentrate in a cocktail shaker with ice until slightly frothy.
- Rim a glass with decorative sugar.
- Fill that glass with crushed ice.
- Muddle six or so blueberries and add to the glass.
- Pour 6 oz. cold club soda into the glass.
- Top with the shaken cocktail mix and serve.
BRB, off to make a second one.