It’s my favorite blog day, ladies and gentlemen. It’s giveaway day! It’s also another Disney day. What a magical combination.
I was lucky enough to ring in my 28th birthday at my favorite place: Walt Disney World. Since trips there are so special, and I’m so painfully Type A about list making, I spent a lot of time planning in advance. What am I going to wear? Where will we eat? And what will I need in my Walt Disney World park bag?
Let’s start with what I decided to wear, at least for one of the days in the parks.
Currently wearing… Shirt, Disney | Jumper, Free People | Booties, Naturalizer | Bag, Attic Salt | Earrings c/o Kendra Scott | Sunglasses, Francesca’s
I’ll be honest: This was not my most practical Disney outfit. The skirt is loose-ish on the butt so it rides up sometimes, which meant I had to keep tugging it when I wore my backpack. I didn’t care, though, because it was my birthday and I was at Disney World. Ha!
The bag, however, was perfectly practical. The fun shape was obviously on theme, and the size was just big enough without feeling in the way. Let’s peek inside…
So, what’s in my Disney bag?
- Water bottle holder
- While these simple tools may seem pointless, I think using a water bottle holder (that’s the Mickey-shaped rubber piece on my lanyard) is incredibly convenient. You can find them in the park, but they’re cheaper at nearby Orlando drugstores.
- Lip balm (and lipstick, if you wear it)
- Spare hair ties
- Don’t forget your park tickets, as well as change for the smashed penny machines!
- Disney pins
- An absolute must if you like pin trading.
- Pain medicine
- Colorescience Natural Finish Pressed Foundation (c/o)
- With SPF 20 and a free mini kabuki brush, this pressed powder compact is perfect for touching up throughout the day.
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On Shield SPF 50 (c/o)
- Give yourself all-over SPF protection quickly and easily with this powder applicator.
You might remember that I first tried Colorescience’s top-of-the-line sunscreen product a while back; I fell in love when I realized you could easily apply this chemical-free powder over makeup, but it became my forever SPF when I first applied it on my shoulders and arms within seconds. It was almost funny watching other people dart out of lines to get some space while they reapplied rub-on or spray-on sun block, while I stayed put and swirled a little brush to stay safe in the sun. My skin is oily and shiny enough without adding liquid sunscreen in the morning—this literally touches up my makeup when I reapply. (And don’t forget, it ISN’T actually makeup, so it worked fine for my husband too.)
Heading to Disney—or simply planning on going outside this summer? Stay safe with your own Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On Shield SPF 50, courtesy of Colorescience. Three lucky winners will take home their own bottle to keep them protected in the sun this season.
While this post is not sponsored, the Colorescience products were sent to me by the brand. All opinions are my own.