Okay, okay, so the Super Bowl did not go as planned. (Next year, Broncos!) But our party was great, and these Slow-Cooker Buffalo (Sans The) Wings turkey meatballs were a delicious, delicious hit.
I was inspired by two amazing-sounding recipes: Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Turkey Meatballs by 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Momables. But they weren’t quite what I was looking for, so I improvised. They taste just like hot wings, but they’re cheaper, easier to make, can be eaten on toothpicks, and don’t include picking out bones—and that, my friends, is a win-win-win-win for party food.
Slow-Cooker Buffalo (Sans The) Wings
Makes approximately 25 meatballs
- Lean ground turkey, 2 lbs.
- Dry onion, 2 t.
- Garlic powder, 2 t.
- Red pepper, 2 t.
- Bread crumbs, 1/2 C.
- Egg, 1
- Buffalo sauce, 1 jar
- Mix the meat, dry seasonings, bread crumbs, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Roll the meat into 3/4-inch to 1-inch balls and place in your slow cooker.
- Pour buffalo sauce over the meatballs until fully covered.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, then stir. Stir every 60 minutes or so and cook on low for another 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve on picks with ranch dressing and celery.
Yum. Yum. Yum.