It’s official: 2013 has begun and I am stoked. Like I explained previously, my theme for 2013 is “being on top of shit”; while this can mean many things– in this case, ‘on top of things’ specifically– I’ve decided to explain a few of my ideas to make it seem more legit and less loose and borderless. I’m not explaining this because I think you care (really, you shouldn’t, this is a boring blog post) but writing it down makes it a little more… real. And these are things I probably ought to do.
- Get a job. This is my first experience with unemployment since I was old enough to work and, ya know what? It’s sort of awful. Here’s hoping someone replies to one of my many applications.
- Make a budget. While the thought of a budget still makes my skin crawl– it’s not that I’ve been irresponsible with money in the past, I honestly think it’s just the word budget– it’s time. Le sigh.
- Maintain a functional calendar and remember when things like routine car maintenance and pet vet visits need to happen.
- Go to the gym to compensate for activity decrease. I still hate the gym (hate, hate, hate, hate it) but I used to have to walk a few blocks from my car to class to work… The occasional work out might not be the worst.
- Make dinner more often and use the saved money to buy better ingredients. Maybe I wouldn’t hate cooking if we bought anything nicer than frozen chicken breasts.
- Clean as things get dirty instead of letting them get really, really dirty, then dedicating an entire day to cleaning. This system is stupid. It’s never worked. Fix it.
- Drink more water. Ideally, bottled, as water here tastes awful (sorry, STL folks, but I think it tastes like the river smells).
- Bring back the word bitchin’, as it is an under-appreciated slang masterpiece.
Speaking of bitchin’, check out my totally bitchin’– and cheap!– NYE outfit. The skirt ($22 originally, sale for $5) and shirt ($22) are both from Forever 21 and the necklace is from H&M ($18 originally I think, sale for $3).
So ladies and gents, who has big plans for 2013 and/or who wore something sparkly for NYE? Obviously those are equally relevant and important questions. Don’t judge. I said this post was lame.